Welcome To Ovenminded

About My Bakin', Cookin', Wine Makin'!

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

WGB # 16 Rye Sandwich Seigle

The 16th bread of this whole grain bread challenge is a rye sandwich bread called a Rye Seigle, due to the more then 50% rye flour content of the dough. With the freezer filling with rye sandwich breads, i chose to do a small loaf 7x3 and made rolls with the rest of the dough. Here again I find PR's pan size reccomendation too small. The total weight of the dough was 2 ounces shy of 3 pounds. Even that would overflow a 9x5 pan.
   The bread is in it's final rise prior to baking, so I''ll be back later.......
I'm back, this is the most dense rye yet, I added anise seeds, in my opinion, it didn't help.This is not my type of bread. it's tangy with a strong rye flavor almost bitter, I won't make this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment