Welcome To Ovenminded

About My Bakin', Cookin', Wine Makin'!

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

WGB # 14 Oat Bran Broom Bread

OK, there are no brooms in this bread! Peter Reinhart's description refers to the cleansing effect of this high fiber bread, sweeping out the colon so to speak. I have been behind in this challenge due to the heat here in the South as in many areas of  the country. I started a baking marathon on Friday, outside temperature 60 degrees! did 3 breads, #'s 12,13,14,Today Sunday, the Rye Meteil, and the Rye Seigle. Having soo much bread at one time ,I froze them after tasting and photos, oopps, forgot to photo this bread. Went to the freezer and took it out to defrost a bit before the photo.
  The flavor is wheaty of course with a dense texture, I would like this a little sweeter and I added sunflower seeds to enhance the taste,and add texture. I don't know if I would make this again. With soo many whole grain breads to chose from ,i can't say this is a favorite.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment