Welcome To Ovenminded

About My Bakin', Cookin', Wine Makin'!

Friday, December 30, 2011

WGB #29 100% Sprouted Wheat Bread

This one was a failure, most likely to my choice of grains,wheat,rye,and barley .The barley didn't sprout, and not having a working meat grinder (my kitchen aid walked off the table...ouch!),I was forced to use the processor,which didn't create the 'pulp' of grains required.It was more a mostly chopped mix,that didn't come together during kneading and forget window pane. Amazingly it did rise some in the bowl but not after shaping and panning.
There was no oven rise at all.The bread didn't brown on top and was very dense very chewy and rubbery. I used only 1/3 cup of vital wheat gluten as that was all I had on hand.
This will definately be a 'challenge' to redo the bread. 
1) all wheat grain
2) grains 'must be ground to a pulp
3) use 1/2 cup vital wheat gluten
4) achieve a window pane, which will trap the gasses for a risen loaf
this is the 1st attempt photos
In the back is the power bread
very dense interior
 

No comments:

Post a Comment