Welcome To Ovenminded

About My Bakin', Cookin', Wine Makin'!

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

WGB # 25 High Extraction Flour Miche

This recipe calls for a high extraction flour ,which I could not obtain,therefore i used the substitution offererd. Which is a blend of 25% brread flour and 75% whole wheat flour.
 The recipe also uses a soaker and starter of the same flour mix. I have a whole wheat starter of my own which I fed over 2 days to rejuvenate the wild yeast and then used that to create the mother starter for the recipe. Peter Reinhart has us build a large quantity of mother starter and only needs 3 OZ for the recipe. Not wanting to store it, used most to make a 100% sour dough mix which made 5 baguettes to freeze.
the loaf stuck to the edge of the peel creating a less then round shape
 Ok couldn't resist this photo!

1 comment:

  1. Looks great, and I love the final picture. I'm still kicking myself for not doing that on the BBA miche.

    I just got WGB for Christmas, and I think I'll start a bake-through (in some random order, probably) when I finish the last few BBA breads--I only have 3 to go there. I may be digging through your archives for hints as I go!

    ReplyDelete