Welcome To Ovenminded

About My Bakin', Cookin', Wine Makin'!

Monday, October 3, 2011

BBA # 32 100% Sour Dough Rye

I am not a fan of this bread, it is a dense rye although sliced very thin and served with or spread with a soft cheese it is good that way. This is definately not a sandwich bread. I have been cultivating 3 sour dough starters, an ap, ww, and a rye. I used my rye mother for this bread, I should have fed it twice over 2 days before using it, I did not. The result ,my starter for this recipe lacked strength, an 8 hour rise did little except ferment a bit. I went ahead and used it anyway. The final dough was sticky and impossible to create a true baguette,as there is no dough 'skin' to stretch, I wound up rolling to shape it. If I ever try this again, I will be sure to feed the starter before using it. Anyway here are the photos...

No comments:

Post a Comment