Welcome To Ovenminded

About My Bakin', Cookin', Wine Makin'!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

WGB # 33 Steamed Boston Brown Bread

Fellow wgb baker joe described this as "dessert' and he is right. This very much is like 'hobo' bread, a similar raisin infused sweet bread  that is baked in coffee cans ( before they all became PLASTIC).
 Problem one was some of the steam got under my foil top and sunk a hole in one of breads. Two, too much molasses flavor for me, PR did mention one could reduce or substitute for the molasses. I almost always make a new recipe as is then adjust them to my tastes. Sorry I didn't adjust this one, 3 hours is a long time to watch a steaming pot!
 If  i make this again I will rubber band the foil around the top of the can. How that affects the process I don't know. And more raisins!   here are my photos...
 I used 2 large cans from tuttarosa crushed tomatoes 28 oz size
note one sunk, probably too much water got in
sliced , found a well in the middle but it was firm and cooked ?

No comments:

Post a Comment